Monday 16 June 2014

Introduction


People to Place


 My new brand logo.

Introduction

This blog is to record the start of something big.
Something has been growing, quietly and steadily since I completed my MA last September.
I recorded the last two months of my MA in another blog called thesaltwayfarer.blogspot.co.uk
Please feel free to look at that anytime, as it is from that, that I am where I am now.
I would like to think this big thing will change how people perceive themselves and the place that they find themselves in.
It is about using imagination, creativity and location to understand more about themselves as individuals and where they are.


The path to a story event in Somerset.(blog 20/05/14)


 Serendipity

I regularly attend a networking group led by Yvonne Fuchs called ‘Blue Banana’. Yes, a rather peculiar name and it gets people talking, which is the main idea of the group. I have known Yvonne for many years through our connection to Transition Whitstable. She knows me as a designer and artist, trying to find my own way of working in two very competitive industries. The Blue Banana group were there as I mulled about validating my 25 years of design experience with a postgraduate qualification. They were there as I questioned what I was doing once I had started the part-time MA and are still there being supportive and encouraging as I step into my dream, that of making my MA design project, a reality.

Stepping onto the path, populating the ways.

Yvonne had been and still is regularly mentoring a lady called Arlette George in London. Yvonne told me we were working towards the same goal and at times it was as if she was hearing Arlette and I talking to her ‘one of you in one ear and the other in the other ear’. She recognised we were talking the same language and she kindly put us in touch with one another. I see this as a classic example of serendipity. We had our first meeting at the end of November last year, 2013. Since that time Arlette and I seem to have communicated consistently in all forms bar Semaphore, (now, that’s a challenge!) I have even travelled up to her family home in Scotland with my own family just before Easter and visited the areas in which my MA design system will be adapted into a commercial model and used to support her need of gaining the Ardnamurchan Peninsular a name for both sustainable tourism and community engagement.

 Swotting up on the area before our trip up North.

The mossy magical woods of Ardnamurchan.

I will write this blog a couple of times a week and will chart how this idea becomes a reality. It may be more humble to hope that the project works, fingers crossed and all that, but the reality is, it needs to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment